I know it has been awhile and for that I am sorry. I have been in one of those stages however there has been something on my mind so here it goes.
I grew up in a loving southern baptist family. My parents faith was very real (having just accepted after I was born) and b/c of that they taught and showed me a lot about what this spiritual journey is about.
I have seen now that the way I think is drastically different from them. Most of you are now scratching your head and saying this is nothing new. I don't agree with my parents either.
The word Love has changed so much within the last 6 months in the way I define it.
It is easy to love when others treat you with love. However what about when they don't. My first response to this was to love only in action but to harbor hatred in my heart for the person who wronged me or my family. I held this view up until a couple of years ago.
The next phase was to love them without hatred but there was still draw back. It wasn't the reckless abandon love you read in the gospels. It was more of a pseudo love which was a convenience thing for me. Well I guess I will help you out but only b/c I have time not b/c it is real.
The love I see now (not to say I always exemplify it) looks past different beliefs and is harbors in a trust in the Savior. If He holds all in his hands and is in total control then my only response to darkness or sin is to love them and pray that Christ love through me will change their hearts and if not, I still love them regardless of fault. This is easy for me to say about non believers but very hard for me to take the same stance when it comes to the church. Again the anger and hostility harbored up in my soul is not good and shows me I still have a lot to work out. However loving others (regardless of race, creed, gender, denominations, views and political affiliation) will change people and the trust that the God we profess to believe in will conform hearts to the image of His own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good Thoughts Shawn. Something I'll probably mull over for awhile...
Post a Comment