Friday, October 13, 2006

Simple Right...?

To get out class and drive down the road that goes back to my house on a day like today makes me see God's beauty in a sweet and refreshing way.
It's always there... that is Gods beauty. The awe of the One who has chosen us and called us sons and daughters of Him is always there whether we see it or not.
However I think you would agree that sometimes it is more apparent to us than others.For example a sunset that take our breath way or a good conversation or maybe even a good cigar and also in the bad times as well. He is always there and something that I have come to realize is that when my mind is focused on His goodness and the depths of Christ and yet at the same time His simplicity I am at rest.
Simplicity is something that not of a lot of us driven minded Americans know about. Most of the time I know for myself it's all about getting all that I can for myself with the absence of sacrifice for others.
This however is not what our design was.
Simplicity of life frees me to think of other and more so to think of my Creator's beauty and grace. Strive for simplicity maybe not of action but of mind. I assure you this endeavor will not be in vain and will broaden your scope of what God is is doing around you with his help.

2 comments:

Ched said...

Simply Brilliant.

korey said...

Berry if it's simple then, then what about Jesus!

post something new